The Council of Ministers approved yesterday (25 November) the resolution declaring the situation of calamity throughout the continental national territory as of 12:00 am on December 1st.
We list below the main measures:
• Recommendation of teleworking whenever the functions in question allow it in the remaining periods;
• Obligation to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate when accessing:
tourist and local accommodation establishments;
restaurants (not applicable in relation to stay on open terraces);
events with marked places;
• Obligation to present a negative test (even for vaccinated) when accessing:
Visits to users admitted to health care establishments;
Large-scale events without marked seats or improvised venues and sports venues;
Bars and clubs.
• Mandatory use of mask on:
Spaces, equipment and commercial and service provision establishments, regardless of the respective area;
Public or public buildings;
Buildings in which the entrance gates or the boarding, access or exit piers are located in the context of the use of public transport for passengers and air transport.
• Testing for travel purposes, including:
Requirement, for all flights to mainland Portugal, to present the EU COVID Digital Certificate in the form of a test certificate or proof of negative test (nucleic acid amplification test or rapid antigen test), carried out 48 hours before at the time of boarding;
the application, with the necessary adaptations, to land, sea and river borders of the rules applicable to entry into national territory by air is determined;
Severely increased sanctions for airlines.
• Extension of the exceptional and transitory regime for the reorganization of work and minimization of the risks of transmission of the COVID-19 disease infection within the scope of labor relations until March 31, 2022;
• Extension of the extraordinary income support for workers until the last day of February 2022;
Special Measures from 2 to 9 January 2022
• Mandatory teleworking in the period between 2 and 9 January 2022, whenever the functions in question allow it;
• Closing of clubs and bars between the 2nd and 9th of January;
• Suspends classroom, non-teaching and training activities in educational establishments and social facilities between January 2 and 9, 2022;
• Interruption, between 2 and 9 January, of classroom activities at higher education institutions, without prejudice to ongoing assessments.